FRIDAY, JAN 12. 1:12
Hi Parents, and students of Fastbreak. Thank you for being patient with us. The weather has made this a very challenging day. We take your student’s safety very seriously and we have spent all morning gathering information to make the best decision possible.
As we continue to monitor the weather and road conditions from Indianapolis to Dayton, we remain optimistic that the weather will not prevent us from getting students to Fastbreak safely.I wanted to let you in on our decision making process so you, too could see what we are seeing.
Process for making decisions
- The bus company: the bus company says they have no problem driving in these conditions and they do it often.
- Websites: Two travel advisory sites we are looking at are these
- The Indiana one is more helpful but is giving us s sense of what the governent is advising
- Weather reports: They are a bit conflicting.
- Prayer: Many people are praying as are we for wisdom and safety
- Parent group giving input – we are getting mixed input from them
- People on the ground in Indy and Dayton – both are saying the road conditions look good on the main roads (which is where the busses will primarily be)
After conversations with the bus company and numerous weather sources, we think it best to delay the busses departure time for two hours (be at E91 at 6:30PM / So the busses will leave at 7PM) to allow for additional time to clear the roads Please have your students fed prior to loading the busses as we will not have a travel meal.
This delay will allow the worst of the weather to pass through and also allow those of us in Dayton to assess the situation here.
Please know, that the safety of your students is of utmost importance to us. We will continue to monitor the travel conditions and inform you of any adjustments in our plan. You can find our updates at Midwestfastbreak.com on the WEATHER UPDATE link.
Friday, Jan 12 – 12:10
At this point we are still planning on having Fastbreak. We are, however, planning to bump the Indy bus leaving time until 7:00 PM which will give us more time for the weather to pass in Indy and in Dayton. That will also impact our evening program tonight so that will start a bit later. Look for another update before 1:00
Thank you for your patience!